Sunday, January 6, 2008

In Memorium - John Joseph Carroll - 1916-2008



This post is dedicated to my cousin , John Joseph Carroll, who passed away in Florida on the 4 January,2008.
My husband Didier & I extend our deepest sympathy to his daughter,Gerry and son, John Patrick and their familes, as well as to John's brother, Edward Patrick and sister, Mary Irene.

I would like to celebrate his life with a few pictures :






Edward Patrick , Mary Irene and, John Joseph Carroll .



John Joseph Carroll in 1934.



John Joseph Carroll in 1943. John was a WWII and Korean War veteran.


Four generations that were reunited on 25 December, 2005.
Left to right: Kevin Crowley, his son Colin, John Joseph Carroll and Gerry Carroll Crowley.

John, I would have loved to know you and to hear about your life, and the family in the olden days.You look like a Carroll, which reminds me of the bloodlines that we share. Despite the fact that life seperated our branch of the family from the hub in Philadelphia, I do believe that family ties are eternal.We are all destined to be reunited with one another in heaven.

This is my favorite inspirational poem that I dedicate to you John, and to all who loved you.

Footprints in the sand :

One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
other times there were one set of footprints.

This bothered me because I noticed
that during the low periods of my life,
when I was suffering from
anguish, sorrow or defeat,
I could see only one set of footprints.

So I said to the Lord,
"You promised me Lord,
that if I followed you,
you would walk with me always.
But I have noticed that during
the most trying periods of my life
there have only been one
set of footprints in the sand.
Why, when I needed you most,
you have not been there for me?"

The Lord replied,
"The times when you have
seen only one set of footprints in the sand,
is when I carried you."
Mary Stevenson


Copyright © 1984 Mary Stevenson, from original 1936 text, All rights

2 comments:

Cousin Gerry said...

Thanks, Barbara. It was beautiful and so nice of you to acknowledge his wonderful life.
Love, Your long lost 2nd cousin, Gerry

barbara said...

Hi Gerry,
It was my pleasure.You can't know how much I wanted to do a post.
We are going to have lots to talk about in September.
Just to clue in everyone who is reading, in September, my hubby & I will be flying to the US, and one of our stops will be in Philly.

So, I'll just end with :
((((((((((()))))))))))
I hope you felt that one :)

With much love,
Barbara & Didier