Monday, December 17, 2007

News from the Free Library of Philadelphia

I received my answer to my obituary request made to the Free Library of Philadelphia.
The following image is the page taken from Public Leger for the date of March 24, 1914.
Click on the image for a larger view.



By curiosity, I'am wondering if the persons who are listed with the longer obituaries pay for these more detailed mentions of their family member?
In 1914, my Great-Grandparents lived at 1916 Waterloo Street.According to the family genealogy, this same address was also the residence of Edward Patrick Carroll Senior and his family.
It can be assumed that John Joseph's widow, Jennie "Jeannette" Mc Entee lived with the family until her death on July 10, 1936.

I'am satisfied with the Free Library's Service and plan on trying a second lookup in January. This time for my other Philadelphia branch, Christian Hansen and Catherine "Kate" Morrris. These were my paternal grandmother's parents.

I can only highly reccomend a try if you happen to know the exact death dates of your ancestors .
It might only be a modest trophy, but it is interesting to have your ancestor's obituaries in one's records.

Have a nice day and Happy holiday preparations to all.

No comments: