Monday, July 30, 2007

The Carroll saga continues...


The little picture on the sidebar is a clue that something different has been going on.To tell you the truth, I have just been swept off my feet...

After talking with my first cousin ( twice removed, please), Mary in NJ; , AND having a e-mail from her daughter, Mrs Mary R. , three days later, I woke up on a Saturday morning to find a beautiful e-mail and more... from Geraldine, known as Gerry, another of my cousins.. She is the daughter of John Joseph Carroll and lives outside of Philadelphia.

My eyes could not believe what they were reading; I was once again blessed to be in contact with kin.But, it was not over...

Gerry filled me in about the family's origins. Her Dad and her Uncle Edward P Carroll Jr. , had already done an extensive genealogy research on Andrew Carroll and his family ! There were even genealogy notes, now typed up in modern form, of which the bulk is still held by Edward P Carroll Jr ! Gerry was kind enought to send PDF copies of the major work. I have her OK to use the family's work.

Tomorrow, I will start an installment series on the important information in this report.
Well, I already clued you all off; our ancestral home is in Kilkenny Ireland.


It is good to be a part of the bigger Carroll family, and I pray that this is only the beginning. I thank my entire family for welcoming me, and my West Coast branch "back home". It means the world to me.

See you all tomorrow with the first installment.

Have a nice day.














2 comments:

Miriam said...

Congratulations, Barbara! I'm looking forward to your upcoming posts!

barbara said...

Hi Miriam,
Thank you ! I'll be starting today to add information about our oldest known ancestors, Andrew & Catherine Carroll.
See you soon ;)